As I quickly approach my 32nd birthday, I KNOW, that's what I said! When in the hell did that happen?!!! Well I still have 3 days, and 6 hours and so many seconds until it's official, but still, it's starting to set in.
I look back and think about how my life has changed so much over the past 32 years, in particular the last 5 years. Mostly for the better, of course there are always bumps in the road but I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing.
Over my life and I have been given tremendous opportunities, I have been to college twice, graduated both times. Have changed my career, more times than I can count. I have worked for major banks, major resorts, small businesses, been my own business, and then some. I full filled my life long dream of traveling to the UK and Ireland to see castles and see where my great grand parents grew up, I have made the world my home. I grew up in Nova Scotia and yes Halifax is my hometown, but I am a child of the world now. I have have lived in cities I have dreamed of and read about, Banff, Calgary, Edinburgh, Chicago, and this is just the beginning! I have gotten married when I was sure I was never the marrying type, and guess what I love it! I was fortunate to meet and marry one of my very best friends, and I am grateful for that everyday. I have friends that span across the globe, and each of them has a special place in my heart. I am grateful for each and everyone of you. Life is good! Sure I still have somethings on my "list" that I still hope to accomplish, and I try not to get to caught up in my list and deadlines, as I know things happen as they should when the time is right.
In the meantime I will savour every time I get asked to see my I.D. when buying wine at the store, and smile to myself, "That's right, I am 32 and just got I.D.!" until the wrinkles and white hair start to catch up..
2 comments:
They thought you were 29! They're supposed to ID everyone who looks at least 29.
I know what you mean...wasn't it just yesterday that we were in the grade 5/6 school yard, not playing tennis and hanging around in a circle gossiping?!?
I was going for 25!, but I will take 29..LOL!...A girl can dream...
Post a Comment