We ate out a lot, found a really cool new restaurant called The Great Impasta, I can't begin to tell you how good the food was! I don't usually get excited about things like that, but this place was awesome. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, I wasn't able to find our camera charger, and missed a few Kodak moments, what can you do. I think we got a bit spoiled with Dad being here, we would get home the kitchen was spotless, our laundry was done and folded. We need more house guests like that! He would have vacuumed if he was able to find the vacuum! He helped Paul build a make-shift bookcase, got us a brand new iron, we didn't dare tell him we didn't have an ironing board cause I am sure he would have got us one of those too. Dad did surprise me by giving me my birthday present early which was a mouse sander! I am really excited about that. I have wanted one for a looong time. It was a great visit, seemed like it flew by though. Oh! And one night I made a roasted potatoes with Veggie "Chicken", it looks like a real boneless chicken cutlet, and I didn't tell Dad anything other than it was chicken. He ate it all! Of course I told him later what it was he ate. I think he was impressed.
My new job has been interesting and keeping me on my toes. I was more worried at first dealing with doctors, but come to find out it's the nurses and their assistants who I am more worried about crossing. Lucky for me I am one of the quicker bunnies in the woods and do my best to avoid situation where one might get her head ripped off. However I have noticed being the newbie, means you get blamed for everything that goes wrong including stuff that your supervisor how is training you does, yup she has made blatant mistakes and then turns around and says "Shannon did it!" Nice. The benefits really do out way the negatives, so I just have to hang on, the rest will sort itself out. That and working with woman sucks, to many hormones and stuff.
In other news, Paul and I finally got our brand new couch!!!! We decided when we found out we were moving into a bigger place we really wanted to start getting more adult furniture. Most of our stuff is second or third hand and still looks good. But we decided we really wanted to invest in a new couch for ourselves. When Dad told us he was coming to visit that sort of lit a fire under us to get out and get a new couch. Of course the one we wanted was on back order and didn't show up until the day after Dad left. Which is a shame cause this is a great napping couch! As a matter of fact, that was the first thing I did, laid on the couch, Lola Kitty sat on the puffy cushion above me and we took a nap. It was glorious.
Well that's if for this week! Be back soon with more news!
1 comment:
love the couch!
Post a Comment